In SW England over 600k working age people are living with common mental health challenges.
We partner with Devon Recovery Learning Community, a Recovery College provided by Devon Partnership NHS Trust, to provide FREE courses for people in mental health recovery. Anyone living in Devon can self-refer and book.
We are actively looking to work with businesses, to reach a greatly increased number of people, earlier and therefore more effectively.
Contracts and grants enable workshops, co-creation of artworks, and training about art for health.
I will be eternally grateful for the doors you opened to me during one of the most challenging periods of my life. And yes, I am still being creative and exploring the themes I was working on during the courses I attended!2020 Zoom Course Participant
How to Book
Most of our publicly available courses are booked through the DRLC website, or by calling their office. Bookings traditionally opened in mid-February and mid-August for a six month series of courses. Since the pandemic and the addition of online workshops, courses are added on a more ongoing basis.
Project-based workshops also are at times bookable at our Eventbrite page.
Not Arts Therapy
Our courses are not therapeutic interventions – they are creative ones – that create space for participants to process with the support of talented artists. Whatever the vulnerable life moment, creativity taps into powerful aspects of our neurological systems to make change positive.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to be amongst the first to know as new courses become available.
Co-production is a key value and defining principle of Recovery Education. All of the courses we offer with DRLC are shaped and delivered by two people who, combined, will bring: relevant lived experience of mental health challenge, artistic and arts facilitation expertise, and an understanding of recovery values and principles and creative wellbeing benefits.
We always use a co-production approach, but it could be we are co-producing with you!
- Sew for Social Good with Stitchy Appliqué Know-How: a new Free downloadable
- Our Tutorial and How-To Videos
- Growing Health Connections in North Devon
- #Bagsforcommunity, a community project
- Inviting Youth Volunteers (and those Young at Heart!)
- #PatchworkCrediton: bags for community
- Devon Open Studios at the Significant Seams Apple Studio
- We are all unfinished….
- Earth Day Every Day, Accelerated
- Learning and Honing our Programmes: the #PatchworkDevon pilot
- The Youth Programme in Review
- Alone Together: More exhibitions of the Quarantine Quilts
- #PatchworkDevon What have you particularly come to value over the last few years?