Working in a group is really helpful. It’s sharing, validating, therapeutic, confidence-building.Gillie, One North Devon Commission
It is accessible to someone who has never done craft before. For that moment you are involved in an activity. It is the involvement, focus, doing that is important.Online DRLC Course Participant
Our tutors understand and advocate for making in ways that accentuate the wellbeing impacts of creative activity. The experience of doing an art activity, more than talking about behaviour changes, fuels a virtuous circle of positive outcomes.
- #PatchworkCrediton has a new partner: the NHSDevon Recovery Learning Community, a division of the NHS that offers free courses in a wide range of activities are now sponsoring two upcoming three-session workshops. Alastair Campbell’s representation of ‘extending one’s jam jar’ (see this short video) helps understand the logic of this approach. Engaging with creative activities has been proven to not only
- Winter Workshops Open for BookingRead our latest newsletter – released 7 November 2023
- #BagsforCommunity WorkshopsIn this workshop, emerging from our #bagsforcommunity project, we inspire you to make a personally meaningful bag: we guide you from drawing (however basic or elaborate) a local place, and translating it into a patchwork pattern for yourself. You will make a totebag with a personally meaningful design on one side and a stencilled patch
- Half Term EventsMonday 23 October 1-3pm Parklife Heavitree Drop-in textile printing and patchwork Free, £2 suggested donation Wednesday 25 October 2-4pm Sustainabubble Hub on Crediton Town Square Costume Making drop-in Free, £2 suggested donation
- A Varied Programme of Youth Holiday ActivitiesA wide range of activities for young people are on offer during the summer holidays in and around Crediton. We are working with a growing network of partners to make these more visible and easy for young people and their adults to find and access. We hope a number of young people might decide to
- What Do You Care About? Dahlia the Care Emoji WorkshopA Craftivism and Community Building Workshop to understand your team’s priorities and build their Self-Confidence and Resilience In the session, participants will make an emoji and use action learning inspired techniques to explore “What do you Care About?” The workshop can be framed to particularities of your business context and the business concerns of the
- Easter Youth Programme Details and BookingDid you know there is a quirky and creative walled garden near Crediton Train Station? Guitars grow from tree trunks and drums sprout vegetables – or maybe its the other way around? The polytunnel awaits and the amphitheatre needs actors. So Significant Seams and Turning Tides are calling out for adventuresome, creative and/or curious 11-16
- Silent Zoom is back. Now open for booking with DRLC!Sporty types have coaches. it doesn’t matter that they know how to exercise, to use the equipment, stretch and kick/throw/catch the ball. Everyone benefits from some accountability, structuring our time, maintaining motivation – and most fundamentally, feeling connected to others. Connectedness is the first of the 5 ways to wellbeing. Our Silent Zoom programme is
- #PatchworkDevon What have you particularly come to value over the last few years?Patchwork takes different fabrics and connects them, creating something beautiful and useful. #PatchworkDevon is a new project about carrying our priorities forward – together. We are now offering bookable workshops to make patchwork bags together, representative of the literal landscapes of Devon as well as our figurative aspirations for our shared future post-pandemic. A number
- New Project Klaxon: #PatchworkDevon for ConnectednessPatchwork takes different fabrics and connects them, creating something beautiful and useful. #PatchworkDevon is a new project about carrying our priorities forward – together. Significant Seams is now opening bookable workshops to make patchwork bags together, representative of the literal landscapes of Devon as well as our figurative aspirations for our shared future. Now Open
- Playful PortraitureThis course builds comraderie through laughter and reflection. No drawing experience is needed or expected. This fun one-off session is about team building and eliciting appreciation of multiple perspectives, focusing on seeing, and trusting our individual senses and each other. A great session to incorporate into a team building day.
- Silent Zoom for CraftfulnessThis is a weekly, hour long crafting session with no instruction, where the craft/activity and action of hands working is the focus. It provides the opportunity for people to bring their own craft/activity and work together in meditative silence in the presence of others. Students will bring their own craft/activity to work on during the
Our work and track record in this area are recognised in the report by the Baring Foundation Creatively Minded: The Directory.
Many additional skills and workshops are available on a private basis. All booking support our wider community activities. Please contact us to discuss your needs.