Stitch & Craft Library – old
The Stitch & Craft Library is a central resource of hundreds of books and patterns that connect the East London crafting community. It features lots of patchwork books, vintage knitting patterns, crochet compendiums, dress and toy patterns, a few thematic novels (like “The Seamstress”) and a range of children’s books with ‘loose’ textile themes. (These get very good use with our Stories and Sticking regulars!)
In addition to some gorgeous vintage selections, we have some of the latest and hippest sewing and craft books too. Our local Waterstones supports our community building work and provide us a number of titles each year – and they provide our members an exclusive discount.
The Stitch & Craft Library is a lending library based on membership. As a member of the Library, you’ll be able to:
- Borrow up to three items for a period of three weeks. You will be able to renew them once.
- Reserve books that are out on loan.
- Request which books we try to acquire for the library
- get 10% off of full price books at Waterstones Walthamstow when you present your membership card
To become a member of the library, you will need to:
- pay £24 for a year’s membership (equal to £2/month)
- Agree to our rules and terms of membership and sign the agreement with us
We will then provide you your membership card and you can take out your first books and patterns!
Come see us at 131 Wood Street and Join Today!