Make your 2014 resolution to volunteer for Significant Seams
Since our move to 131 Wood Street in June, the number and the range of activities and projects we are involved with has increased considerably. This activity has been developed and delivered by a committed group of volunteers.
What sort of volunteer opportunities are on offer?
In all roles you will be part of a team. New roles are emerging all the time.
Currently we want to recruit to the following roles/areas.
- Shift hosts
- Duty managers
- Retail/online sales development and management
- Tutors, session planners/leaders
- Project development/implementation
- Media and publicity
- Event planning and delivery
What sort of commitment would be expected of me?
- We aim to tailor each volunteer’s input to suit their needs and the opportunities available.
- This could be for specific time-limited projects or more regular involvement.
- Our daily shift pattern is divided into three-hour sessions. We would be looking for a minimum commitment of three hours per month. Any more than this would be most welcome.
- Times will be discussed and mutually agreed.
Where would I be volunteering?
- Most of our volunteering opportunities take place at our hub at 131 Wood Street, Walthamstow E17.
- However some specialist roles, e.g. website development and management, can be done from home, and some roles may also require time at other sites
What skills do I need?
- You don’t have to have specific art/craft sewing skills to be of help to us, although an interest would be useful.
- You do need to have general creative flair and be keen to get involved and give anything a go.
- Reliability is a key requirement.
- Support and training for roles will be provided as will regular individual and group supervision.
What do I get from volunteering with Significant Seams?
- Satisfaction in being part of developing a creative community organisation
- Lots of laughs and new friendships
- Acquiring and developing new skills.
- Receiving support to moving towards paid work or a career change.
- Maintaining skills and work routine.
- We will attempt to meet any other need you require from a volunteering experience.
Where do I find out more information to decide whether volunteering with Significant Seams is for me?
Send your contact details email address, mobile or landline number, and the best time to contact you to email@example.com and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you for an initial chat to tell you more about the opportunities available and what you feel you would like to offer. We take it from there with no pressure.