We are in an exciting period of growth, having recently opened the Significant Seams Hub in the Wood Street Indoor Market, and having secured grants and contracts to deliver a range of workshop programmes and support several projects, including local Jubilee celebrations.
To help us realize the opportunities this growth offers us and our community, we now invite applications for several unpaid internship opportunities. Reimbursement for reasonable expenses will be considered.
All interns will be happily invited to shadow workshop classes and fully participate (as space permits) at no cost. The internship experience will offer you opportunities to learn and practice a range of techniques and craft – should you choose to take advantage of the opportunities – as well as practical insights and lessons in managing the administration and practicalities of business.
We particularly seek applicants who can attest to the value of sewing and textile crafts in their personal lives – though they will not be at all required to talk about this role in the internship work. We simply want the organization to share our passion and commitment to the social and health benefits of these crafts. i.e.. Sewing, knitting, crochet or craft experience/love strongly desirable in all candidates.)
We are happy to consider applications from people with limited experience or practical limitations on their abilities. We deeply believe in lifelong learning and empowering people. Reliability is very important. Creativity and independent working will be encouraged.
Apply with a letter indicating what about the opportunity interests you and what experience or interests make this an appropriate opportunity for you as well as a CV, and a reference. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
References will not be contacted without your prior approval.
New! Carers & Toddler Programme Coordinator
- Plan and prepare an age appropriate story and project for our weekly toddler group
- Host the weekly Stories & Sticking group
- Promote the carers & toddler programme with flyers, outreach, and online tools
- Liase with our contacts at Childrens Centres and Childrens Groups
Stitch & Craft Membership Library Coordinator
- Ensure all books have card pockets and library cards
- Develop Pintrest library catalogue
- Develop Manage Amazon Wish List
- Assist in setting up the direct debit facility for members
- Promote library membership
- Manage/develop library donations
- Support the website redevelopment
- Contribute to the blog, twitter and facebook pages
- Develop shop/event signage esp “woolthamstow*” knitting and crochet circle, sewing circle, Neighborly quilt, Jubilee bunting, craft clubs
- Distribute flyers, posters etc around Walthamstow, support organisations and sewing shops
Neighbourly Quilt Intern (Now FILLED)
- Promote Participation in the Neighbourly Quilt
- Design and distribute information about the project
- Lead some sessions introducing various textile decorating techniques
- Work with Catherine, volunteers and our partner organisations to develop and deliver the project
Hub Volunteers (Customer Service and Organisation Representation)